I’m happy to report that after my pity party on Monday, I have had a very productive week. I made and hung an Easter garland
I’ve also painted, sewed some cute onesies for my nephew, and started a new wall art project. It’s been a good week!
Aside from all of the encouraging words, the other thing that rekindled my motivation taking a look at my 101 in 1001 list. It’s been a little over three months since I started, and I’m making some progress but definitely not enough. Reading over the list definitely got me really excited about all of the fun tasks left to conquer.
So far I’ve started:
3. Read 100 books (2/100)
You can click the link above to check out my book list on GoodReads at anytime. I’m going to try to keep it as updated as possible.
8. Read biographies of five people I admire (1/5)
I’m not sure if Tina Fey’s book counts as a biography, but it’s about her life so I’m counting it. Definitely recommend this one if you’re into funny ladies.
47. Try 15 new restaurants in Fayetteville (2/15 : HuHot Mongolian Grill, Sunrise Cafe)
I’m addicted to HuHot and not afraid to admit it.
48. Try three foods I’ve never had before (1/3: Tofu)
On pizza, and then again in a stir fry. Tasteless with a weird texture, exactly like I expected.
67. Buy/make ten gifts for people, just because (1/10)
I sent my sister-in-law a photobook of all the hospital pictures of Maddox. It was so cute I was tempted to keep it for myself.
100. Track every purchase on mint for 30 days (April 2011)
Mint is awesome, but it doesn’t update as well as the online budget/portfolio section of Bank of America and it won’t let me add one of my credit cards so I don’t have an accurate financial statement. Mint wins in the budget category, though so I plan to keep it in the long run.
So far I’ve completed:
20. Take a Mother-Daughter Trip (March 2011)
Two birds one stone with the girls shopping trip my sister, mom, and I took to Dallas last month.
24. Have a girls’ weekend retreat (March 2011)
36. Change name on credit cards, bank accounts, etc (February 2011)
51. Shop at an IKEA (March 2011)
Still talking about this store!
59. Plant a vegetable garden (March 2011)
We’ve had some very exciting developments this week! Stay tuned for an update
I’ll also be completing these very soon!
18. Visit my grandparents (without my parents)
34. Go on a roadtrip
49. Adopt a dog
58. Plant flowers
So there you have it. Progress, 3 months in. You can see the rest of the list here.
The best part about the 2.5 year timeframe is I feel inspired instead of rushed to complete the tasks. Looks like I have many more fun adventures and projects ahead of me!