Hello from my living room couch!
We’re having a snow day, and looking at the weather maps a lot of you are too. My office and pretty much all of Northwest Arkansas is shut down. It’s snowing so hard you can barely see the end of our street. So far we have about 6 inches of snow on top of an inch or so of sleet and ice. Did I mention the high tomorrow is 14 and the low on Thursday is –6?
I do not want to drive in this tomorrow morning, so hopefully Wednesday will be snow day number 2. Seriously got a text that my office is closed tomorrow right after I typed that. The power of positive thinking y’all!
Basically, you read a series of words and questions to show your dialect or accent.
Here are the words to repeat:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
And the questions to answer:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
- body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
- groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
BONUS: I wrangled Jacob into making one also
DOUBLE BONUS: My husband’s secret country alias Jed makes his appearance in the Bonus Features
This was really fun and I encourage you to try it too. Once you do, don’t forget to send me the link!